Thursday, July 23, 2009

Entertained by Hogan



So, two weeks ago Ashley came to visit.  We decided we wanted to grill out.  JD (the guy who owns the house I live in) let me use his nice grill.  So Ashley is whippin' up some side items and I'm focusing on the chicken.  Once JD's grill gets nice and hot, I start making my way out there. Now between my house and the grill is a huge pool that Hogan is not suppose to be in.  As I'm walking, Hogan is right by my side, stride for stride, drooling over the chicken.  He is focusing on nothing but the chicken.  We get about half way to the grill when Hogan pulls a Jesus and tries walking on water.  SPLASH!  My dog was in such awe of the chicken that he walked straight into a swimming pool!  I was trippin' out trying to pull him out of the water.  Immediately I was reminded of the ol' saying my great grand pappy would say, "If you focus too much on chicken, you'll fall in a swimming pool".  I thought grand pappy was crazy when he would say that, but now I see it as golden words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment